Hi guys, I am writing a much longer Blog post that I’ll put up soon, I realise its been far too long.
Resolution Test just got mentioned on the Google Code Blog!!!
Sorry, just had to write something about it, I’m ecstatic!
It has 21,659 users at time of writing, its got way bigger than I could have imagined, and now this! Wow.
Will post again soon,
I was just thinking about creating a background for my Twitter page when I thought it would be useful if there was a chrome extension that would resize your window to mimic different display resolutions. I did a search but I couldn’t find one, so I thought I’d have a go at creating one myself.
[Thanks to famfamfam for the icons]
This has become incredibly popular!! Over 23,000 users and counting!
Get it here, or at the official extensions site
Current version: 2.0
- Added options page
- Added ability to customise resolution list – add/remove/reorder (as requested by gogogadgetearl, Dima, Kirk, Tomek and many others)
- Added option to close popup box on window resize (as requested by Famlam)
- Added option to use desktop notifications
- Improved design
- Added 1024 x 600 as standard resolution (as requested by wikiyu)
- Added 1366 x 768 as standard resolution (as requested by Ben Dickson)
- Added ‘About’ section on options page with a link to buy me a beer should you be so inclined
- Added Google Browser Size support (as requested by Steve)
- Tidied up look and feel
- Added icons for tasks
- Reduced overall width
- Fixed reset bug where sometimes the width wasn’t recorded correctly
- Added reset button (as requested by Kirk, t-dub)
- Added 1024×600 as standard (as requested by danio)
- Added checkboxes to open multiple resolutions at once
- Fixed large icon not showing up in extensions list
- Added 1280 x 800 and 1280 x 1024
- Polished UI a bit
- Auto-updating now works
- Added custom option to fill in your own resolution